Purpose: Protect the financial and property interests of Camp Luther through the construction of the Community Center.
Reporting Relationship: The Construction Manager will report to Building Committee.
Dates: Several weeks prior to construction (Sept. 2019) through completion. Exact dates to be determined.
- Ability and willingness to support the mission of Camp Luther.
- Oversee Community Center Construction.
- Monitor and track construction companies progress to contract.
- Make decisions within agreed upon parameters.
- Meet regularly with Contractors and/or Construction Foreman.
- Update the Building committee weekly or as needed, on construction progress, issues, etc.
- Coordinate related projects outside of the scope of the contractor’s work
- Coordinate volunteers to assist with construction as determined and related camp projects.
- Work closely with Maintenance and Improvements Director in coordination of projects and volunteers
- Represent building committee in discussions of changes to project scope and contract and execute approval of change orders after approval by building committee.
- Review and approve contractor payments and forward to business office in a timely manner.
- Be accessible via cell phone during work hours
- Enforce jobsite safety for Camp Luther employees and guests.
Salary: To be determined.
Housing: Available at Camp Luther after Labor Day and prior to Memorial Day Weekend as part of compensation.
Seasonal Program Coordinator
Camp Luther is looking for dedicated, motivated individuals to serve in a program coordinator role for this fall and beyond. This seasonal position is available for up to five months for post-college applicants and for one or two semesters for current students. This role involves working closely with our full-time staff team to coordinate and lead our retreat programs, as well as providing operational support for the ministry of camp.
Become a part of our year-round staff community while being encouraged and mentored in your leadership and faith. We’re passionate about providing people in this role with the opportunity for leadership development, intentional ministry training, and personal growth. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain leadership experience in a ministry setting.
If you are planning on returning to school after your time at Camp Luther, we are able to structure this position as a year-long or semester-long internship. This could take the form of an actual internship for your program, or a gap year in between educational opportunities. Otherwise, we look for seasonal staff to fill the following roles:
- Fall Program Coordinator: Serve the months of September and October.
- Winter Program Coordinators (2): Serve the months of January, February, and March.
- Spring Program Coordinator: Serve the months of April and May. (Often this role is filled by a Winter PC who stays on in this position.)
- Be willing to lead all manners of outdoor games, activities, and programs.
- Be willing to work extended hours most weekends (with time off during the week).
- Possess a strong, leadership-oriented mentality, with the willingness to operate in a team-focused environment.
- Be able to independently lead a group, including facilitating faith formation experiences.
- Affirm and support the ministry beliefs and practices of Camp Luther.
- The ability to play guitar and song lead is strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Pay is $250 per week.
- On-site housing is provided in a two-bedroom apartment with full kitchen, full bathroom, and living room area.
- Meals are provided whenever there are groups on-site. (Usually this includes the majority of weekends and occasionally during the week as well.)
- Live and work in a beautiful Northwoods setting, which is located on the largest inland chain of lakes in the world.
- To apply, please fill out this online application.
- Once you've completed the application, we will contact you to let you know about the next steps of the hiring process.
- The deadline for applications for this fall is August 15, 2018. Depending on who is hired this fall, there may be further need for applicants for the winter and spring seasons.
Contact Kardia (firstname.lastname@example.org), Camp Luther's Director of Programs, with any questions or requests for additional information.